Friday, July 10, 2009

Hampster Cage Copy

Thrift stores are great places for finding things you never knew you needed. It's a great place to go when you want to start a collection--maybe um, wooden serving trays shaped like pineapples or Snoopy barware. It's also the place where a lot of "good ideas" end up.

It seems like we all have the same good ideas...like hampster cages. I promise I'll take care of it (you know the routine) Next there's the bowling ball, the #1 Teacher Mugs, and apparently these days, anything High School Musical, High School Musical 2 or High School Musical 3: Senior Year.

Which brings me to my point (I know, I got to it a little bit sooner than usual). Don't put up a website...or put stuff up on your website that's destined to be next week's thrift store fodder.

Example 1: not refreshing your home page content (If you are still advertising your "Holiday Discounts & Deals" you fall into this category...unless of course, you count Christmas in July, but no one else will so, yeah, that's still you).

Example 2: using phrases like "in today's economic downturn" throughout your site without keeping track of where those landmines are when things turn around (it is going to turn around isn't it?)

Example 3 : putting up a company blog that is seldom updated (um, yeah...I'll get right on that).

No comments:

Post a Comment